Amazon Simple Notification Service (Amazon SNS) is allowing you to send SMS notifications to your customers and staff members. You can integrate the Amazon SNS to Booknetic by following the instructions below.
- Go to AWS Console and search for IAM
- Go to the Users section
- Click on Add users
- Set a username and select AWS credential type as Access key - Programmatic access. Click to the Next: Permissions
- In this section, you need to set permissions for your created user. Go to Attach existing policies directly section and search for SNS. Mark the AmazonSNSFullAccess permission and click Next: Tags
- It is not necessary to write tags on there, so you can keep it empty. Click on Next: Review
- In this step, the configuration is nearly done. Review your information carefully and make sure all is correct. Then click on the Create user
- It is done! Copy the Access key ID and Secret access key.
- Paste the credentials on the Amazon SNS settings.
- You need to have production access to AWS SNS in that region. AWS Accounts without production access to SNS service are restricted to sending SMS messages to Sandbox numbers. Here is the sample configuration with production access:
- And here is the AWS region without production access (Sandbox mode):
- To get production access from AWS go to Amazon Console and switch to one of the AWS regions that you want to gain production access, for example, Europe (Frankfurt) eu-central-1, from the top menu. Then go to "Amazon SNS > Text messaging (SMS) > Account Information" click "Exit SMS Sandbox" and follow the steps.
How to buy Amazon SNS Add-on in Booknetic?
Step 1: Click on Booknetic
Step 2: Go to Boostore
Step 3: Write the name of the add-on to search bar
Step 4: Click add to cart