If you're like most people, you spend a lot of time at your computer. And if you're like most people, you want to be as efficient as possible with your time. That's where keyboard shortcuts come in handy! With just a few simple keystrokes, you can Zoom in and out of documents, windows, and webpages to save time and increase productivity. However, there are also Zoom keyboard shortcuts specifically for this software.
In this blog post, we'll discuss the Zoom keyboard shortcuts that can help you to successfully run virtual meetings. So what are you waiting for?
Start learning these shortcuts today!
Zoom Keyboard Shortcuts to know
- Access the Settings menu by clicking the gear wheel in the desktop version of Zoom installed on your PC or Mac. (On Linux, click your profile icon to access the Settings menu.)
- Then, click on 'Keyboard Shortcuts' from the menu on the left to view the keyboard shortcuts applicable to the device you are using. (You can also do this during a meeting)
- Click any shortcut to edit it. Press the keys you want to assign as commands. Zoom keyboard shortcuts will change automatically. For example, you can press multiple keys such as Alt + Shift + 9 or you can press only one key such as 9, and assign it as a shortcut.
- To disable any shortcut, click that shortcut. Then press the Del key and Enter. Zoom will disable the associated shortcut with this action.
- If you want to use any shortcut set for Zoom even though you are a different application, click the 'Enable Global Shortcut' box next to the shortcut key.
- If you want to revert to the shortcuts that Zoom has set by default, click the 'Restore Defaults' option in the lower right corner. When you press this key, the system will return to the original shortcut settings.
Zoom Keyboard Shortcuts by Operating System
Windows Zoom Keyboard Shortcuts
- ALT+V: Toggle video
- ALT+F : Toggle full screen
- Alt+A : Toggle volume
- ALT+H : Toggle In-Meeting chat panel
- ALT+I : Go to the invite menu
- CTRL+W : Close current chat
- Alt + Shift + S : Toggle Screen Sharing
- Alt+C : Start/stop cloud recording
- Alt + Shift + T : Screenshot
- PageDown : View the next 25 video streams in gallery view
- Alt + F2 : Switch to gallery video view in video meeting
- Alt+M : mute/unmute for everyone except the host
- ALT+N : Change camera
- Alt + U : Display / Hide the Participants panel
MAC Zoom Keyboard Shortcuts
If you want to view and customize Zoom keyboard shortcuts on your Mac computer, follow the steps below.
- First, sign in with your account information on Zoom's Mac app.
- First, click on your profile photo in the right corner of the screen and then click on Settings.
- Click on Keyboard Shortcuts in the left column.
- This will take you to the keyboard shortcuts.
- If you want to change any keyboard shortcut, click on that keyboard shortcut and press the key or keys you want to assign. Now you can use the newly defined keys as shortcuts for any action
- Command+J : Join meeting
- Command+Control+V : Start meeting
- Command+J : Schedule meeting
- Command+Shift+V : Start/stop video
- Command+Shift+S : Start/stop screen share
- Command+Shift+T : Pause or resume screen share
- Command+Shift+F : Enter or exit full screen
- Command+T : Screenshot
- Command + K: Jump to chat with someone
- Command + L: Switch to Portrait or Landscape View depending on the current view
- Command+W : Close window / prompt to end or leave the meeting
Linux Zoom Keyboard Shortcuts
- Alt + V : Start/stop video
- Alt + A : Mute/unmute audio
- Alt + S : Start/stop screen sharing
- Alt + T : Pause/resume screen sharing
- Alt + N : Switch camera
- Ctrl + Tab : Switch from one tab to the next
- Esc : Enter/exit full-screen mode
- Alt + Shift + G : Revoke remote control permission
- ALT + I : Opens the invite window
- Alt + Shift + T: Screenshot
- Alt + Shift + G : Revoke remote control permission
- Alt + P : Pause/resume recording
Zoom Keyboard Shortcuts on iOS
- Command + Shift + V - Stop/Start video
- Command + Shift + A- Mute /Unmute microphone
- Command + Shift + H - Display/Hide chat
- Command + W - Close Windows
- Command + U - Show / hide participant list
- Command + Shift + 4 - Take and edit a photo
- Command + Space - Start your search
- Command + H - Go to home screen
- Command + Shift + M - Minimize Meeting
Zoom is a powerful program with many features and shortcuts to make your life easier. We hope that this article has shown you some of the ways that you can use Zoom to its fullest potential. If you’re looking for more information on how to use Zoom or want to learn about other keyboard shortcuts, be sure to visit our website for more articles like this one. Thanks for reading! If you are using a WordPress appointment site, you need a plugin that integrates Zoom to make your appointments easier. Booknetic comes to your aid in this regard. Appointment Booking Plugin, which offers several integrations, also offers you the Booknetic Zoom integration. Start seeing other extra features and using the Demo now.
Master Guide to Opening and Operating a Yoga Studio
a guide to opening and operating a yoga studio. Includes naming, hiring instructors, marketing, developing website and communicating with customers.
8 Facts You Didn't Know About of Online Scheduling
Discover 8 surprising facts about online scheduling, from its history to future innovations!
9 Essential Features Every Online Booking System Must Have
Discover the essential features that make online booking systems a success for businesses.
Sign up for our newsletter
Be the first to know about releases and industry news and insights.
Booknetic is a simple yet powerful plugin for accepting online bookings & payments on your WordPress site.