If you are looking for a WordPress calendar plugin, then look no further! In this blog post, we will discuss some of the best plugins available and how they can benefit your business.
A calendar plugin is a great way to keep track of your events, appointments, and other important dates. We will also discuss some of the features that you should look for when choosing a plugin.
It's essential for WordPress users as it provides an intuitive way to manage time and events directly on their site; this is especially crucial for businesses that rely on scheduling, like a local community center that organizes weekly classes and events, needing a system to publicize their schedule and allow community members to reserve spots effortlessly.
We will also discuss some of the features pros and cons that you should look for when choosing a plugin, such as ease of use, customization options, mobile responsiveness, and integration capabilities, which are essential for enhancing user experience and efficiency. So without further ado, let's get started!
8 Best WordPress Calendar Plugins to Use
Booknetic is one of the best WordPress plugins that come with a calendar out there. It has many features that make it perfect for businesses and organizations.
Booknetic has a drag-and-drop interface that makes it easy to add events and schedule them. You can also add Google Calendar or iCalendar feeds to your Booknetic calendar.
This makes it easy to keep your Booknetic calendar up-to-date with your other calendars.
Booknetic also has a built-in payment system. This makes it easy to take payments for events. You can also use Booknetic to manage bookings and appointments.
- Appointment Booking
- Calendar Management
- Customer Panel
- Group and Individual Bookings
- Recurring Events
- Notification System
- Google Calendar Sync
- PayPal, Stripe, Mollie, Square, Razorpay payments
- Multi-Language and RTL Support
- Notifications from SMS, email, WhatsApp, Telegram, and Webhook triggers
- Manage appointment schedules
- Booknetic page is separate from WordPress page, so employees are less likely to change critical things
- It has a top quality support
- There are minor bugs that might cause inconvenience
- $79 for lifetime license
- Booknetic is exceptional for small and medium-sized businesses.
Hubspot's plugin is the best WordPress plugin choice with calendar support for those looking for an all-in-one solution for their sales and marketing needs. The Hubspot WordPress plugin includes a free CRM, live chat, forms, analytics, and more.
With the Starter Plan, you also get access to HubSpot Sales' premium features. If you're looking for a simple embedded calendar solution that integrates with your existing contact management system, HubSpot is an ideal choice.
- Free CRM
- Live chat support
- Forms and analytics
- Simple embedded calendar solution
- Integrates with the existing contact management system
- The starter plan is only $20 a month.
- HubSpot is an extensive ecosystem; you can manage an entire website from just one place
- There are a plethora of sources to learn about HubSpot
- Prices can quickly scale up
- Some users report that it is hard to navigate the app
- Starts from $20/Month and scales up to $1200/Month
- HubSpot is a behemoth in the service industry, but it is too heavy and too complicated for the needs of a small business.
Sugar Calendar is the best WordPress calendar plugin for power users and developers who need a flexible and extendable calendar solution. The plugin is also great for beginners as it is easy to use and comes with all the features you need to get started with creating calendar events.
If you are looking for a plugin that is both easy to use and powerful, then Sugar Calendar is the perfect choice for you.
The plugin comes with all the essential features you’d expect, such as the ability to create calendar events, start and end times for meetings and appointments, set event time zones, sync with Google Calendar, and much more.
Sugar Calendar Features
- Create calendar events
- Start and end times for meetings and appointments
- Set event time zones
- Sync with Google Calendar
- Powerful add-ons, including Event Ticketing
- Integrates with other WordPress plugins and marketing platforms including WooCommerce, WPForms, Gravity Forms, Google Calendar, and more.
- Supports event booking
- It lets you see different time zones
- The design is a bit outdated
- Pricing can be a little expensive compared to other options
- $449 for lifetime license with full access, $199/Year for Pro license with full access, $99/Year for Plus without pro add-on support (3 websites), $49/Year for personal license
- Suga Calendar is great if you are a venue manager and you constantly have events. It can also help businesses manage their webinars in an efficient way.
Timetable Responsive Schedule WordPress calendar plugins are to use for displaying daily and weekly schedules. With Timetable, you can easily add new events to your calendar, name them, adjust its settings, event hours, and event frequency, set dates, and publish.
Once you’ve published it, copy the autogenerated shortcode and paste it anywhere you want to display it on your site.
Timetable Responsive Schedule Features
- Free lifetime updates
- Fully responsive
- Custom CSS option to modify it to match your brand look
- Shortcode generator for display on any site page or blog post
- Event filtering to easily search for specific event listings
- Lots of customizable color options for events, days, event text, and more
- Allows event management
- It is simple to use with shortcodes
- Some users report poor customer support experience
- Documentation is not helpful
- $49 for lifetime license
- Although Timetable Booking Schedule is a powerful plugin, it has shortcomings. We recommend checking out their documentation and video guide, see if it is helpful, read the reviews and make the decision for yourself.
EventON is a great plugin to use if you want eye-catching calendar displays that are easily customizable. With EventON, you can create colorful calendar bubbles that open up to display a calendar card with every event detail.
You can also create tile calendar views with bigger calendar "tiles" that display each of your events with readily available details.
Another great feature of EventON is that it generates shortcodes that you can quickly grab and plugin with Gutenberg. Overall, EventON is a great plugin to use if you want an easily customizable and eye-catching calendar display.
- Generates shortcodes you can quickly grab and plugin with Gutenberg
- Great for hosting virtual live events
- Developer friendly for advanced feature altering capabilities
- Expandable calendar details for each event
- Add unlimited images to each event to better inform your audience
- Has “add to Google Calendar” options for increased engagement
- Easily filter and sort events with a few clicks
- Add custom repeat events so you can set it and forget it
- Easily change custom time formats to display according to your preferences
- Offers a clean and customizable calendar design
- Comes with different layouts, such as event tiles or event lists
- Some essential features, like RSVP functionality, require purchasing premium add-ons
- Backend design is can be quite tiring for the eye
- $25 for the core version
- Eventon is a low-cost option to manage events and business. However, it has a lot of addons, which might scale up the costs quite a bit.
The Events Calendar is a great WordPress calendar plugin because it is very popular, has a lot of features, and is backed by a big team. The free version of the plugin includes features like the ability to create unlimited events, save venues and organizers, and display your events in a calendar or list view.
The Pro version extends these features with additional views, recurring events, community event submissions, and ticketing. Overall, The Events Calendar is a great choice for anyone looking for a comprehensive WordPress calendar plugin.
The Events Calendar Features
- The ability to create unlimited events
- Save venues and organizers
- Display events in a calendar or list view
- More views with the Pro version
- Recurring events
- Community event submissions
- SEO friendly with JSON LD structured data
- The plugin is extremely customizable
- It is responsive and seems beautiful in any screen
- There is a steep learning curve for using the product
- There are a lot of pricing options. The core product is $99, and the bundle with all the features is $699
- If you want a solid product with stunning visuals, this one is for you. However, it is more suited for hot venue with lots of events happening
7. My Calendar
My Calendar is the best WordPress calendar plugin for those who want to have a lot of control over the look and feel of their calendar. The shortcode generator is particularly useful if you want to customize your calendar to match your website's design.
And if you need even more advanced features, the pro version is available for $59.
One downside of My Calendar is that it doesn't offer integration with Google Calendar. However, other plugins offer this feature (see our list below). Overall, My Calendar is a great choice for those who want a lot of customization options for their WordPress calendar.
My Calendar Features
- Integrated help for shortcodes and tags
- Calendar grid or list view
- Calendar access restrictions
- Custom templates for event output
- Location Manager feature for frequently used venues
- Ability to fetch events from remote databases
- Allows customers to submit their own events to turn the it into a multi-vendor system
- Has a powerful workflow integration
- The design is a bit outdated
- $59/Year for 1-3 websites, $199/Year for 4-10 websites and $399/Year for unlimited websites
- You can use My Calendar for a quick solution with extensive accessibility features. If you have a community and a vision to form a multi-vendor event planning community, you can also use this plugin. Or, you know, open a Facebook group.
Timely is the best WordPress calendar plugin for those who want an extremely easy-to-use interface and robust features. It’s also a great choice if you want to be able to tweak the look of your calendar display. If you need ticketing integrations, however, you’ll need to look elsewhere.
- Easy-to-use interface
- Built-in themes
- Google Maps integration
- Ability to add events from any other calendar that supports the iCal format
- Multiple views for calendar display, including month, week, day, and list view.
- Supports a multitude of event types
- Responsive design
- The core plugin is not enough for most realistic scenarios. You need to buy additional plugins to use it effectively
- There is a free version for individuals. For more premium access, you need to contact them
- It is a really good plugin to manage events. But if your business is more booking focused, you might want to pass on this one.
Whether you’re looking for a plugin to help manage your editorial calendar or one that can keep track of events, we’ve got you covered. In this blog post, we shared our best WordPress Calendar Plugin picks and gave you a few tips on choosing the right one for your needs.
Master Guide to Opening and Operating a Yoga Studio
a guide to opening and operating a yoga studio. Includes naming, hiring instructors, marketing, developing website and communicating with customers.
8 Facts You Didn't Know About of Online Scheduling
Discover 8 surprising facts about online scheduling, from its history to future innovations!
9 Essential Features Every Online Booking System Must Have
Discover the essential features that make online booking systems a success for businesses.
Sign up for our newsletter
Be the first to know about releases and industry news and insights.
Booknetic is a simple yet powerful plugin for accepting online bookings & payments on your WordPress site.